- Sebastian Seung directs the scientific programs of WiredDifferently. He is Professor of Computational Neuroscience at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and External Member of the Max Planck Society. He received his Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics from Harvard University, and formerly worked at Bell Laboratories. His TED talk “I am my connectome” has been viewed more than 600,000 times. His book Connectome: How the Brain’s Wiring Makes Us Who We Are was hailed by the Wall Street Journal as Top Ten Nonfiction of 2012 and “the best lay book on brain science I’ve ever read.”
- Karl Deisseroth, Professor, Department of Bioengineering and Department of Psychiatry, Stanford University; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute; Member, National Academy of Sciences USA
- Steven Hyman, Director, Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research, Broad Institute; Professor and past Provost, Harvard University; past Director, National Institute of Mental Health
- Joshua Sanes, Professor and Director, Center for Brain Science, Harvard University; Member, National Academy of Sciences USA
- Mriganka Sur, Professor and Director, Simons Center for the Social Brain, MIT
- David Tank, Professor and Co-Director, Princeton Neuroscience Institute, Princeton University; Member, National Academy of Sciences USA
- Susumu Tonegawa, Picower Professor of Biology and Neuroscience, MIT; Director, RIKEN-MIT Center for Neural Circuit Genetics; Director, RIKEN Brain Science Institute; 1987 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- Gregor Dellemann, Strategic Business Development, Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH.
- Pascal Finette, Director, Open Innovation Group, Mozilla.
- Arnab Gupta, Founder and CEO, Opera Solutions.
- Jeff Hammerbacher, Founder and Chief Scientist, Cloudera.
- Noah Heller, Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Atlas Venture; Former Product Director for Call of Duty.
- Reid Hoffman, Partner, Greylock; Executive Chairman and co-Founder, LinkedIn; Board of Directors, Zynga; Board of Directors, Mozilla Corporation.
- Joi Ito, Director, MIT Media Lab; Chairman, Creative Commons; Trustee, Knight Foundation; Board of Directors, MacArthur Foundation; General Partner, Neoteny Labs.
- Sep Kamvar, Professor and Director, Social Computing Group, MIT Media Lab.
- Daniel Kim, CEO, Nexon America.
- Devabhaktuni “Sri” Srikrishna, Co-Founder, Tropos Networks.
Education and Outreach Advisors
- Paula Apsell, Senior Executive Producer, NOVA and NOVA scienceNOW; Director, WGBH Science Unit, WGBH Boston.
- Geraldine Bliss, Chair, Research Support Committee, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation.
- Charles Carlson, Senior Scientist, Exploratorium.
- Nathan Felde, Creative Director, memesplicing; Chair of Design, Lesley University; Founder, Lightspeed Computers; NEA Fellow; Founding Partner, Semper Fiber Trust; Director, Anté Institute for the Study of Anticipatory Systems.
- Janet Dubinsky, Professor, University of Minnesota; 2009 Science Educator Award, Society for Neuroscience; Director, BrainU.
- Susan Lomas, President, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation.
- Jane Pauley, AARP Ambassador of Your Life Calling; Founding Co-Host, Dateline NBC; former Anchor, The Today Show; Board of Directors, The Mind Trust; Author, Skywriting: A Life Out of the Blue.
- Anar Simpson, Founder, Parallel Earth (llearth); Organizing Committee, C100; Founding Editor, The Ismaili; Member, Anita Borg Institute; Mentor, Technovation Challenge, MentorNet, and TechWomen Initiative.
- Bo Stjerne Thomsen, Head of LEGO Learning Institute, LEGO Foundation.
- Michelle Yee, Board of Directors, Exploratorium.
- Ashwin Alankar.
- Sarah Caddick, Neuroscience Advisor to Lord Sainsbury of Turville, Gatsby Charitable Foundation.
- Leandro Burnes, Co-Founder, WiredDifferently; Siemens Healthcare.
- Daniel Epstein, Founder, Unreasonable Group, Unreasonable Institute, Unreasonable Adventures, Unreasonable at Sea.
- Dan Feshbach, Co-Founder and Chairman, TeachTown; Founder, LoanPerformance; Founder and CEO; MeasureOne.
- Perry Ha, Managing Director and Founder, DFJ Athena; Leadership Board, McGovern Institute for Brain Research, MIT.
- Jim Yong Kim, President-elect, World Bank; President, Dartmouth College; 2003 MacArthur Fellow; TIME 100 most influential people of 2006.
- Tom Miller, GreyBird Ventures, past Member of the Operating Board of Siemens Healthcare.
- Matt Nash.
- Myron S. Scholes, Frank E. Buck Professor of Finance, Emeritus, Stanford University; Chairman of the Board of Economic Advisors, Stamos Capital Management; past Chairman and Co-Founder, Platinum Grove Asset Management; 1997 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences.
- John Watts, P.E., Managing Partner, Sequel Energy Solutions, LLC; Founder, Fischer, Francis, Trees & Watts.
- Bruce Wonnacott, Director, Submeta; Advisor, TechShop.